The Lemon Coconut Tart Recipe You Have To Try
Your standard lemon tart is about to get a tropical upgrade!
While it’s definitely not part of a healthy eating plan, it does make for a perfect ‘cheat meal’… it’s all about balance, right?
Forget about that lemon meringue pie and make this lemon coconut recipe, instead!
Lemon Coconut Tart
– 250g plain flour
– 25g cup desiccated coconut
– 125g butter, cubed
– Iced water
For the filling
– 3 free-range eggs
– 110g castor sugar
– ½ cup lemon juice
– ⅓ cup reduced fat cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the flour, coconut and butter in a large bowl and rub between your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
3. Add the iced water, one tablespoon at a time, until the mixture just comes together.
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until three millimetres thick.
5. Line a lightly greased 22cm loose-bottomed, fluted tart tin with the pastry and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Prick the base with a fork, line with baking paper, fill with baking beans or rice and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the paper and beans and bake for a further five minutes, or until lightly browned, and leave to cool. Reduce the oven to 150°C.
8. To make the filling, place the eggs, sugar, zest, lemon juice and cream in a large bowl and whisk until light and frothy.
9. Pour the mixture through a sieve into the pastry case and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
10. Leave to cool at room temperature before refrigerating. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
SERVES 6 TO 8. Per 145g serving: 1 923kJ, 24g fat (15g sat), 53g carbs, 45mg sodium, 2g fibre, 8g protein