This Is The Best Coffee Ice Cream Recipe Ever… And It’s Healthy
What’s not to love about ‘nice cream’?
If you’re looking for a sweet treat to help you beat the heat, but not keen on the extra kilojoules then you’ve come to the right place. Say hello to ‘nice cream’! The best part about this recipe? You don’t need a fancy ice cream churner – a simple food processor will do the trick.
Coconut And Coffee Nice Cream
– 2 tins coconut cream
– 3 bananas
– 1 shot of espresso (cooled)
– 1⁄4 cup honey (or coconut blossom nectar)
– 1 vanilla pod
1. You need to make this recipe two days in advance. Place coconut tins in the fridge so that the thick cream separates from the clear liquid.
2. Chop bananas and place in a freezable container overnight.
3. The next day, remove coconut cream from the fridge and scoop the white cream into a blender (keep the clear liquid for smoothies). Add in the frozen bananas and honey and coffee. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla. Pulse/blend until a very thick liquid forms. Pour into a freezable container and freeze overnight.
4. Scoop ice cream into bowls and serve with fresh fruit or nuts, as desired.
SERVES 8. Per serving: 2 132kJ, 20g fat (19g sat fat), 85g carbs, 45mg sodium, 1g fibre, 2g protein