9 Breakfast Ideas That’ll Give You A Better Boost Than Coffee
Image from Freepik.com
Bored of your usual morning fix of toast and coffee?
We all need a healthy breakfast to give us energy to start the day. Here are a few quick and different breakfast ideas for good morning nutrition.
Here are 9 of the best breakfasts…
1. Top a bowl of whole-grain cereal with sliced berries or any favourite fruit. Pour on low-fat or fat-free milk.
2. Make cooked high-fibre oats, mix in a handful of raisins or dried cranberries and top with a few chopped nuts.
3. Fill a medium whole-wheat pita with a sliced, boiled egg, sliced fresh tomato and fresh torn basil leaves.
4. Layer low-fat or fat-free yoghurt with crunchy bran flakes and sliced fruit or berries.
5. Mix up a breakfast smoothie made with fat-free milk, frozen mixed berries and a banana.
6. Spread a medium flour tortilla with peanut butter, add a whole banana and roll it up.
7. Spread anchovy paste on a 100% rye bread and top with cottage cheese and fresh tomato slices.
8. Add 1 slice lean ham and 1 slice cheese to a toasted whole-grain English muffin.
9. Or try this fruit and cereal mix, loaded with goodness to kickstart your day…
Mix ½ cup raw traditional high-fibre oats, ½ cup of bran flakes, 2 tsp each of sunflower seeds and sliced almonds in a medium bowl. Add 1 Tbsp raisins, ½ cup sliced bananas and ½ cup fruit of your choice. Gently stir in 1 cup fat-free berry yoghurt and divide between two bowls. Top with ½ cup of fruit of your choice, shared between the 2 bowls and enjoy!